Zelingrad

Zelingrad

Zelinska gora, Sveti Ivan Zelina

Medieval town first mentioned in 1295 when Ivan, son of the Palatin Dionysius, granted the land to Pavao Nespeš and his nephew Fabijan in reward for their faithful service. Over time, Zelingrad changed many owners, including the Bičkele family, Zapolja family, Petar Palffy and Pavao Kerečeni. Zelingrad was first mentioned as a ruin in 1635. In recent years, it has been under ownership of the Sveti Ivan Zelina Museum.

Web: www.zelingrad.hr