Erdödy Castle

Erdödy Castle

Erdödy Castle
Jastrebarsko
The old castle was erected by Ban (Viceroy) Matija Gereb at the end of the 15th century. From the early 16th century to 1922, the castle was owned by the Erdödy family. It was adapted many times over its long history. An interior courtyard, with its exceptional acoustics, is ornamented with an arcade and Baroque columns. The plaque to the left of the entrance was added in 1595 by Croatian Viceroy Tomo Erdödy, son of Petar Erdödy, the original owner of Jastrebarsko (1519–1567). The castle is encircled by a lovely English garden, and today is a favourite promenade for locals.