Lužnica Castle

Lužnica Castle

Zaprešić

A vast garden hides the castle that can only be seen from afar from the road Zaprešić–Brdovec near Šibice. The single-story Baroque castle was built in the second half of the 18th century, likely in the same place as a former citadel. In 1791, it was renovated and expanded, and became the seat of the Rauch family. The castle is a first category monument and was restored in 1982. Since 1925, the castle has housed the Sisters of Mercy of St. Vincent de Paul spiritual centre and retirement home.

Phone: + 385 (0)1 3310 118
Web: www.luznica.com