Orehoci Castle

Orehoci Castle

Orehoci/Patačić/Farkaš Castle
(Lovrečina Grad), Vrbovec

Situated on the road Vrbovec–Križevci, just northeast of Vrbovec. The Orehoci family was the first owner of the castle and estate from 1599 to 1726. Later owners were the Fodroci, Patačić (1800–1834) and Farkaš (1834–1870) families. In 1909, the estate was purchased by Count de Piennes, who donated it to the Sisters of Mercy. In the mid 19th century, the castle received a U-shaped layout. In 1898, the castle received a great Historicist renovation, during which rich neo-Renaissance ornamentation was added, towers, a central jutting risalto and altana were constructed on the southern facade, and the stables and other outbuildings were built around the castle.