Oršić Castle

Oršić Castle

Slavetić, Jastrebarsko

In a green corner of the peaceful Slavetić area, the castle of the Oršić Counts is situated on the top of a hill, just opposite the Parish Church of St. Anthony the Hermit (1600). The old town was mentioned back in 1294 as part of the Podgorje County, and it later changed ownership several times. In 1468, it was purchased by the Oršić Counts, and remained in their hands until 1869, when Levin Rauch took possession. The castle was originally built as a medieval burg with a Gothic town core, with defensive towers and a palace, while later modifications turned it into a spacious castle. Today it is privately owned and houses part of the State Archive.