Kerestinec Castle

Kerestinec Castle

Sveta Nedelja

This is a 1st category monument whose construction began in 1576 by Erdödy family. In its original form, this monument was a typical Renaissance castle with four angular towers and four wings of the arcade opened inland facades around rectangular courtyard. Present form and spatial structure has received during a Baroque reconstruction in the 18th century. Major architectural procedures were done at the beginning of the 20th century outhoused with the south wing of the castle and in the park around the castle.