Okić Old Town

Okić Old Town

Podgrađe Podokićko, Samobor

The Old Town has a specific position, at the peak of a steep hill. Okić was first mentioned in 1193, and the first known owner was Jaroslav of Okić, listed in a record from 1217. In the 14th century, Okić was comprised of two separate burgs and a chapel. The walls of the burgs show several different phases of construction and high quality Romanesque masonry. Stone elements still visible are the windows, staircases and shooting holes.